In these ever changing times the need for increased security is at
the forefront of everyone's minds. Living in a community as we do, it
is essential that we all focus on what's needed to ensure that we live
as safely and securely as we can.
This section on the website is intended as a guide to help ensure that
we, as residents, live in a safe and secure environment.
The following contacts may prove useful:
If you see suspicious activity phone the Safer Neighbourhood team.
Office: 020 8284 5494
Mobile: 020 8649 3536 (it diverts to the relevant mobile phone)
If you see a crime being committed dial 999 in the usual way.
Crime Prevention Officer
Greenwich Police Station
31 Royal Hill
Tel: 0208 284 5447
Fax: 0208 284 5448
Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
1. Get an alarm - ideally
with central station monitoring. Can be setup
so downstairs is protected at night while asleep.
2. Window locks - 2 on each opening window in bottom corners. Should
fitted to all ground floor windows and to easily accessible windows
3. Window opening restrictors - allow the window to be open slightly
not opened wide enough for someone to climb in.
4. Patio Door Locks - Additional for top and bottom of patio doors.
5. Kickstop London Bar - Metal bar screwed to frame which strengthens
to resist kicking and forced entry.
6. Hinge Bolts - To strengthen the hinge side of a door.
7. Spy hole or chain - so you can see who is outside before opening
8. Back garden security lights - Automatically light when anyone comes
9. Trellis (flimsy) around top of fence - Recommended by Crime
Prevention Office as deterrent to intruders
10. Hasp Staple Lock and Padlock - Additional lock and security for